Tips To Protect Your Carpet From Your Furry Friends: Carpet Cleaning
Many of us have beloved feline and canine friends who are part of our lives and families. But, that doesn’t mean that they are always a part of our home maintenance and cleaning plans. From the professionals at Chet’s Cleaning, here are a few tips on how to reconcile the differences, and protect your carpet in your Birmingham home if you have a pet:
- “Paws” to wipe paws. Wipe off a pet’s paws when he or she comes inside from romping. While it may be a struggle of wills initially, most pets quickly learn that you’ll expect to wipe off their paws when entering the house. Similar to humans and removing their shoes, this will ensure that the floors stay clean and tracked mud and dirt do not get spread into the carpet fibers.
- Find yourself a good, pet friendly, odor-removing carpet cleaner. A good carpet goes a long way when it comes to cleaning up spills; bad cleaners can leave residue, which will get dirty faster than unaffected portions of the carpet, leaving discoloration in unsightly shapes.
- Wipe up any spills or messes quickly, as doing so will minimize stains and odors. When messes occur, not cleaning it up can be a huge problem. Pets can walk over the mess and make it an even bigger problem. They do this by further squishing the mess or dirt into the carpet, causing an even bigger cleanup task.
- Keep your pet clean. If he or she requires grooming, trimming, or bathing, do so regularly. It may seem like a huge task in the moment, but it will pay off in the future, as you will not need to spend excess amounts of money on carpet cleaning because of the filth that has accumulated on the floor.
- Vacuum often. This will help prevent a buildup of pet hair or dander in your carpet; thus preventing issues with their oils causing pet smells. Also, don’t forget to vacuum off furniture.
- If you’re training your beloved pooch or kitty, be firm but fair. It is okay to be strict and punish for accidents; your pet will learn thanks to your guidance and will be more well behaved and happier in the long as he or she develops a confidence that they know what is expected and what the consequences are. If your pet has a hard time learning the ropes and has many accidents, try keeping them confined to a single area of the house where there is no carpet while they learn.
- Maintain your carpet with regular professional cleanings. This is an investment for the future, as it prevents buildup and can help your carpet stay soft and clean, despite all the fun it supports in your home every day!
Carpet Cleaning In Birmingham
Pets are wonderful companions and they enrich our lives. And, with some careful protective measures, they don’t have to harm our homes and carpet either. As always, Chet’s Cleaning in Birmingham wishes you the best in all your carpet, pet, and other endeavors!