What’s So Different About Chet’s?
Chet was a master leather cleaner and restorer and received many years of training and experience. He has passed these procedures and skills down to our expert cleaning technicians, so they understand the art of leather care. Leather needs to be cleaned and properly conditioned to restore the essential oils that tanneries originally used to ensure that it lasts a long time. Without proper maintenance, it dries out and develops micro-cracks, fades prematurely, and will ultimately split and be damaged beyond repair.
We expertly clean and condition – Aniline, Nubuck, Suede, Hair on Hide, Eel, Python, and other difficult and exotic leathers.
Critical Questions to Ask When Selecting a Leather Cleaning Service
- Were they trained in the complete tanning process?
- Are their solutions approved by all the major tanneries?
- Is protection included in their process?
- Is conditioning included in their process?
- Do they have the expertise to remove difficult stains and the knowledge to repair marks or tears?
- Will their methods dry out and cause irreparable damage to your leather goods?
- Are they trying to clean and condition in one step? This is physically impossible, just like shampoo manufacturers misleading us with a shampoo that conditions, they cannot do both!