This Service is for You if:
- Your wood or laminate floors need brightening and are lifeless.
- You want the finish sealed for easier cleaning.
- You don’t want costly and messy refinishing as often.
- The original finish is not worn all the way through.
- There are light scratches and scuffs that don’t penetrate the raw wood.
- Your floors are not completely faded.
Critical Questions To Ask When Selecting a Wood Floor Cleaning Service
- Is their system dustless?
- How quickly can the floor be used?
- Is it safe and non-toxic?
STEP 1: (P) Pre Clean
A strong Cleaning solution is agitated into the floor and immediately extracted. Benefit: Deeply embedded soil is loosened and removed.
STEP 2: (P,G,S*) Deep Clean
A machine is used that brushes in a deep cleaning solution, then immediately extracts it back up. This process penetrates into the grain of the wood, gently loosening deeply embedded soil and extracting it away. (S*) A mild, no rinse cleaning solution is used.
STEP 3: (P,G) Deep Clean Edges
An edging tool is used with the same solution to clean right up to the baseboards and hard to reach corners.
STEP 4: (P) Rinse
The same machine is used with plain water to rinse away the cleaning residue and any remaining soil.
STEP 5: (P,G,S) Clean & Neutralize
A Special cleaning agent is agitated in and extracted leaving the floor residue free and clean.
STEP 6: (P,G,S) Final Detailed Edge Cleaning
A mild rinse free cleaning and neutralizing agent is used around all edges and corners.
OPTIONAL STEP 7: Protective Finish
This finish is applied, 1 or 2 coats give a matte to semi gloss finish, additional coats give a higher gloss. The finish goes on evenly without the problems associated with most floor finishes and dries within 30 minutes.
• Most furniture can be replaced after 1 hour.
• Rugs can be installed safely after 24 hours.
Previous Problem Finishes
Be Aware; Many over the counter cleaners have a finish added to them that builds up and creates an unsightly floor that is hard to clean and remedy. They go by these names; Mop & Glow, Orange Glo, Bona Clean & Refresher, Bona Hardwood Floor Polish, Bruce Fresh Finish, OR any other cleaner with a finish or refresher.
We can attempt to remove these finishes at a considerable extra charge. However; it is almost impossible to completely remove all of the foreign finish. If you want a perfect new looking floor then only sanding and refinishing will achieve these results. We have several companies that we can recommend for this service.