You can do a pretty good job keeping your home nice and clean. The cleaning process usually consists of picking up any of the clutter, wiping counters and furniture, and sweeping and vacuuming. However, while many people think that that may be enough, there are a lot of things that get carried into your home that can have lasting damage – particularly to your furniture.
- Indoor Air Pollution: Did you know that the average home has air quality that is up to five times more polluted than the outside air? This is because air can get trapped inside your home without proper ventilation.
- Harmful Chemicals: Dangerous pesticides and fertilizers can get tracked into your home and get lodged into your furniture from the foot traffic that enters and exits your home.
- Mold and Bacteria: Household dust contains up to 1,000 different species of microbes, with tens of millions of individual bacterial cells in each gram.
- Dust Mites: just the sound of them is not very pleasant. These little critters feed off of human skin flakes and are usually found in mattresses or other types of furniture.
These are just a few examples, but as you can see, they are all relevant and can cause some serious damage to your home and furniture. While doing basic cleaning is a great start, it is important to call a professional furniture cleaning crew to do a more thorough job of keeping your home clean – especially areas and furniture that are harder to clean and may get overlooked.
Steps a Professional Furniture Cleaning Company Will Take
- Test the Fabric – It is important that before they even clean your furniture, they do a test to see what type of fabric it is. That way they can use only the best products and do not ruin your furniture.
- Pre-Cleaning And Conditioning – The pre-cleaning consists of doing a basic vacuum to get rid of any dry dust or other particles that may be trapped, but easy to get out. Conditioning is also done to help dislodge any other type of soil or material that may be lodged in your furniture.
- Soil Suspension – This is also known as washing. These professionals will only use the best equipment to ensure the most efficient clean. They will also only do what is necessary so they do not agitate the surface further. They brush it, then gently use a towel, and then if necessary, further brushing.
- Rinse and Extract – For most types of furniture, this next step will complete the job. It will rinse them out without wetting the area. All soil and residue will be removed leaving the fabric bright, soft and healthy.
- Drying – Professionals will use proper equipment to ensure 100% dry furniture before you use it again.
Professional Furniture Cleaning
So don’t hesitate to call your local clean-up help. Professionals like Chet’s Cleaning understand the importance of taking care of your furniture and will treat them as if they were their own. Contact us today!