Chet’s Cleaning is determined to keep their products as green as possible. There are so many chemicals all around us that can have harmful and lasting effects on our health. We take every precaution necessary to find products that are as safe as possible while still doing the best job of cleaning carpets, upholstery, curtains etc…
Whenever we find new ways to clean using the most organic means available, we like to pass on the information to our customers. If you are trying to limit the amount of chemicals you use in your own home, read on. We have found 6 wonderful ways to use olive oil as a cleaning product.
- Olive oil makes stainless steel shine. Pour a dab of olive oil onto a clean cloth and buff any stainless steel item such as appliances. Makes stainless steel look like brand new.
- Repair scratches on leather. Have some leather furniture that has been roughed up over the years? By putting a small amount of olive oil on a soft, clean cotton cloth and buffing it into the leather, scratches will seem to disappear before your eyes.
- Clean cast-iron pots and pans. Create a mixture of equal parts olive oil and kosher salt (or another coarse salt). Scrub the mixture onto the pot or pan with a stiff brush. After it has been completely scrubbed onto the pot or pan, rinse thoroughly with hot water. Dry completely with a clean, soft towel.
- Repair scratches on wood surfaces. Take 2 parts olive oil + 2 parts vinegar and combine. With a soft, clean furniture cloth, rub the mixture onto the wood furniture until completely absorbed.
- Make getting paint off your hands a snap. Painting a room can leave your hands covered in paint splotches. To get the paint off your hands or anywhere else paint might have gotten onto your skin, just rub some olive oil onto your skin. Let the oil sink into your skin for about 5 minutes and then wash and rinse thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Keep patio furniture from drying out and cracking. If you have rattan or wicker furniture, rub some warmed olive oil onto the furniture. Make sure you don’t saturate and do rub the oil onto the furniture completely with a soft, clean cloth.
Professional Cleaning Company in Metro Detroit
If you live in the metro Detroit area and are looking for a green cleaning service contact Chet’s Cleaning today!