Do you want a cleaner home? That should be a rhetorical question because really, who doesn’t? A clean home is not only more attractive and relaxing; it can help you and your family stay healthier. But finding time for cleaning is harder than ever, it seems. You don’t have to sacrifice cleanliness to maintain your active lifestyle. Adopt a few new “keep-clean” habits to maintain a cleaner, tidier house.
Keep the Dirt Out
It is simple. The less dirt you bring home, the cleaner your house stays. These simple tips can stop dirt in its tracks:
- Place a doormat outside, and wipe your feet before entering your home.
- Remove your shoes once you are inside. Have a convenient place to sit that is close to your front door. Put away your wet or muddy shoes and coats immediately.
- Get into the habit of wiping your dog’s feet before you allow your pet into the house. Some pets can even be trained to do this themselves!
Get and Stay Organized
Clutter can make an otherwise clean home feel dirty. Taking the time to eliminate clutter helps create a more inviting environment. Here’s how to do it:
- Have a place for everything. Get rid of the “junk drawer” and use boxes instead. Label the contents of each box, and store them in a closet or under the bed. You will be able to find what you need quickly and your home will look neater.
- Unless you need something right now, it shouldn’t be out. Put things away immediately after you use them to prevent clutter buildup.
A small mess can easily become a cleaning nightmare. Don’t put off cleaning until your home is a complete war zone. Try implementing the following:
- It is very tempting after a long day to just toss your clothes on the floor and promise yourself that you will put them in the hamper tomorrow. Resist the urge. Have one basket in the bathroom and one in the bedroom near your bed.
- Dishes can quickly pile up in the sink. Don’t let them! Either put plates in the dishwasher or hand wash them once you are finished eating.
- Clean as you cook. You should leave the kitchen spotless.
- Do laundry as soon as you have a full load. Waiting until laundry day to do multiple loads is not the best use of your time.
- Immediately mop, sweep or vacuum as needed. You don’t need to clean the entire house if you clean up as soon as you notice a mess.
Make a Schedule
Following a schedule is the basis of developing good cleaning habits. Create a schedule and stick to it. Assign everyone in your home a chore and deadline. Make sure the job is done on time and correctly. A clean home is every family member’s responsibility.
Sometimes you need a little extra help when it comes to cleaning. Whether it is professional tile or carpet cleaning, Chet’s Cleaning in Madison Heights will exceed your expectations. Schedule a free consultation today!