Leather can last for decades, but only if it is properly maintained. If you think your skin gets dry, imagine how dry your leather is getting? Let us help you maintain your leather before it needs costly restoration work.
These Dining room NuBuck chairs only needed to be cleaned, hydrated, and conditioned to restore their appearance. They look much more uniform and are velvety soft. They need to be maintained at least once a year to maintain this look. We also protected them with our exclusive “Diamond Protection” to keep spots and stains from becoming permanent in the future. Yearly maintenance about $ 95.00 ea.
Don’t let your leather get this damaged! Perspiration, hand & hair oil quickly degrade leather and cause it to rot. This sofa took extensive restoration work and we had to change the finish from Aniline to Semi-Aniline. Ultimately we had to darken the finish to cover all the damage. The bottom picture has a piece of the original leather swatch laying on the bottom cushion (arrow) to show how much we had to darken the final color.
Maintaining leather is the key to preventing extensive repairs! Yearly maintenance about $110.00 this type leather.
Leather Cleaning & Maintenance Facts;Don’t be fooled by inferior leather cleaners. Most so called leather professionals try to clean and condition in one step, which is impossible. Or they clean and apply some type of topical conditioner, which simply does not nourish the leather and it’s structure.•Leather needs to be cleaned regularly (at least once per year)! Imagine not taking a bath or shower for a year?
- All Leather cleaning solutions need to be rinsed off with a special neutralizing rinse agent. Don’t you rinse after you wash?
- Leather needs to be hydrated! A pre-conditioning agent that helps the leather accept “fat liquor” and adds badly needed moisture.
- Leather needs proper conditioning “Fat Liquor” These are essential oils and greases used during the actual tanning process that lubricate and nourish the leather structure.
- Leather Protection Plus- This topical treatment imparts a protective barrier and restores more of the leathers proper feel and original scent.
- Optional “Diamond Protection” gives leather (EVEN BRAND NEW LEATHER) the most ad-vanced protection against spots and stains. Quality Leather Facts don’t be mislead by cheap or fake leather.
- All leather furniture should be made from “Top Grain Leather” all other products will be called something different and be drastically inferior.
- Aniline is the finest of all leathers. It can be oiled, waxed, vegetable tanned or pure. It can be difficult to clean but is very luxurious.
- Nubuck is also a very fine leather. It is a buffed aniline. Difficult to clean, but velvety soft.
- Semi aniline is more consistent in appearance and more soil and stain resistant than ani-line but not as soft and luxurious. There are many finishes of semi aniline that make these leathers very appealing.
- Pigmented is the easiest to maintain, but is no longer absorbent or comfortable.Inferior Leather and termsSuede, Split, Bicast, Blended, Bonded, Reconstituted, Naugahyde, Corinthian, and they are making up more names all the time. If it’s not “Top Grain” then its not strong enough to be used as furniture.