For more information on our cleaning and disinfecting services for COVID-19, please visit our COVID-Cleaning page. We are currently servicing the following locations in the Detroit-metro area:
- Medical Facilities
- Day Care Centers
- Schools & Universities
- Municipality Offices (Police, Courts, Public Works, Safety, etc.)
- Office Buildings
- New Construction Homes
- Funeral Homes
- …and more!
Contact us if you don’t see your location type in the list above.
1. Don Your PPE
- Wash hands properly
- Don your gloves
- Wear N-95 respirator or dust mask to protect yourself from Mediclean the entire time!
- Wear a vapor respirator if anyone has been sick or possibly infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
2. Clean and sanitize all door handles and light switches first including the entry door
- Clean & Sanitize at least 1′ completely around them
- Follow the procedures below for proper cleaning and sanitizing
3. Prepare the areas to be cleaned
- Remove loose items from the desk or surface
- Set them neatly on the chair or other surface in the room or cubicle
4. Change the towels, fill 1 bucket for cleaning and 1 for sanitizing
- Fill each bucket with 1 gallon RTU (Mediclean – 2 Oz per Gallon)
- Place about 10 microfiber towels Blue or other color in the other Wash bucket
- Place about 10 microfiber towels Red or Orange for Final Sanitizing in 1 bucket
5. Clean all surfaces and items that might get touched
- Spray Mediclean RTU
- Wring out the microfiber cloths before using – Blue
- Wipe off with clean towels, using as least 1 towel per work station depending on soil, but don’t clean more than 1 work station with the same towel. This will prevent cross-contamination!
- Be careful with phones, keyboards and other electronics
- You can spray the keyboard a little heavy and place face down on the Blue cloth and let it drip out. Or immediately wipe it off after you spray it.
- On Items that should not be sprayed use a damp Blue cloth, and clean thoroughly
- Leave the towel hanging on the door frame or knob so you know that it was cleaned but not sanitized. Or under the keyboard
- Place extra used towels in plastic wash bag – never place a used towel back in the bucket!!!
6. Sanitize all surfaces and items that might get touched – remove Blue towel that was the marker
- Spray Mediclean RTU on surfaces that can be sprayed, needs to be wet and stay wet for 10 minutes, so spray enough but don’t make a mess
- Wring out a Sanitizing towel
- Wrap the phone receiver with it and cover phone keys with remaining part of towel – Red or Orange
- Start next cube or office while this one is allowed to dwell
7. Dwell – All surfaces must stay wet or damp for 10 minutes
- Wipe down all surfaces with a damp fresh cloth with Mediclean-Use the towel that we wrapped the phone with
- This will include electronics like keyboards, mouse, computers, printers, etc…
- Use same cloth and cover keyboard and mouse so they stay in contact with Mediclean
8. Optional: Wipe off and dry polished surfaces and glass before they completely dry to prevent streaks, only use clean dry towels
- Inspect each cube or office
- Chairs should be back in place
- Pick up towels left on key boards
- Look for streaks and buff off
- Replace items you moved back and repeat above procedure to any areas that the items were left.
- Wipe down light switches and door handles with Sanitizer again before leaving building.
- Never place a used towel into a clean bucket! Otherwise you will contaminate your cleaning or sanitizing solution.
- Try to work into cubes or offices in same direction- left to right?
All touch type surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized:
- Tables & Desk work surfaces
- Upper cabinets, face of door, bottom of door an inside edge
- Light switch on under cabinet light
- Chairs (arms and under arms, top of backs anywhere people tend to touch
- Chair levers, the controls
- Printers, etc.
- Top of cube walls
- Inside edge of cube walls
- Outside corners of cubes
- Filing cabinets, especially the handles
- Staplers, hole punches, calculators and other office equipment, etc.
- Common area items, Restrooms, Kitchen tables chairs and other such items as vending machines, microwaves, etc…
- 2- buckets for each technician
- 1- 1 quart sprayer for each technician
- At least 4 towels per work station or office, 2 sanitizing and 2 other color
- Mediclean concentrate, 1 gallon per 50,000sf building?
- Respirators or dust masks
- Garbage bag(s)
- Vacuum cleaners just in case, to pick up hole punches or other debris we wipe of desks.
- We are using Mediclean to clean and sanitize because it is a cleaner too. But there must be separate cleaning and sanitizing steps.
- Microfiber towels are 5 times more absorbent than cotton, but cotton can be used.
- By using this bucket system, you are always cleaning and sanitizing with a clean towel and are not spreading soil around, unless you try to clean too far with it, or the items are very soiled.
- Cleaning removes 97% of germs Adding a 5 minute dwell time after cleaning kills 99.9% of germs and viruses (Sanitized)
- 10 minute dwell time kills 99.999% of germs and viruses. 10,000 times cleaner. Important when we don’t we are dealing with an unknown virus. (Disinfected – this is our goal but we can’t guarantee it).