15 Clever Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Cleaning and organizing can be a time-consuming and let’s face it, a boring task. Here are some tips and tricks to make cleaning less monotonous and maybe even a bit more fun.
- Wear a kitchen apron to hold cleaning gloves, sponges, a duster and scrubbing agents. This is a great hands free way to carry your supplies from room to room without taking several trips to get additional cleaning items.
- Put a non-metal sponge in the microwave set for 2 minutes to kill germs and viruses.
- Coffee filters make a great screen cleaning tool to get dust off of staticky TV’s and computer monitors.
- A few drops of water, cream of tartar and a sponge will get the sticky gunk off of stainless steel appliances.
- To clean glass jars and bottles with a hard to reach small opening, fill with water and drop in a denture cleaner (such as Efferdent). Let stand overnight and then scrub with a skinny nylon brush.
- To make a sink drain smell better, put lemon slice down the disposal and turn on.
- A q-tip dipped in vinegar will clean those hard to reach window and sliding door tracks.
- When houseplants look dusty, put them in the shower and use the hose to rinse off the leaves.
- To prevent a sponge from getting smelly, sit it upright in a binder clip to dry out.
- A sheet of fabric softener does wonders as a duster for baseboards.
- To prevent water spots and fingerprints, rub a piece of waxed paper on faucets.
- To avoid scuffed floors, move furniture with two clean towels folded underneath each side. Heavy furniture will now slide when moved.
- A cut off piece of a Magic Eraser dropped in the toilet overnight will get rid of a toilet ring. Make sure to take the eraser out before flushing.
- The most convenient way to keep shower walls clean is to keep a Scotch Brite dishwand in the shower filled with ½ vinegar and ½ dishwasher detergent. Fast and easy way to scrub and keep the shower clean.
- Keep a fabric lampshade dust free by using a lint roller. Hold the lampshade steady as you roll over the exterior.